TVLA is offering its Basic and Intermediate Computer Skills programs throughout the fall and winter. Here’s what you need to know to take part!
- Courses run for three weeks, four days per week from Mondays to Thursdays.
- Classes are FREE. (TVLA appreciates donations from those able to afford them, but we never ask for them in the class.)
- Two time slots are available:
1. 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM
2. 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Currently, both Basic and Intermediate Computers are available in either time slot, as the instructor will tailor training to the individual.
Start dates for the rest of 2010 are:
- September 13th
- October 4th
- November 1st
- November 22nd
To sign up, call TVLA at 705-749-0777 or drop by 139 Douro Street and ask at the front desk.
- Basic Computer Skills introduces the parts of the computer, proper mouse and keyboard use, word processing and the Internet.
- Intermediate Computer Skills introduces PowerPoint for presentations and MS Publisher for desktop publishing.
In addition, Excel (spreadsheet) training will be offered at Basic or Intermediate level depending on the student.
In addition to set computer courses, the Instructor (Malcolm) is available for general help or training on parts of either course. Extra help is usually available 1 PM to 5 PM from Mondays to Thursdays, or 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM on Fridays, other duties permitting.
Finally, please remember that anybody can use the lab. We encourage students, tutors and pairs to try it out!